Sunday 22 January 2012

Stuck in the mud!



I've managed an early start this morning, so arrived at New Brighton before dawn hoping to catch the sun rise.  This was not to be, the pre-dawn light looked promising, but just before the sun came up, black clouds arrived followed by heavy rain.  Thankfully it didn't last too long so I went back to the lighthouse.  I photographed it from different angles, trying to show its relationship to other buildings.  I wandered along the promenade, again there are plenty of dog walkers on the beach.  This is obviously a popular time and place for photos as I bumped into other photographers, most of them, seem very chatty and share information as to where I can find other subjects to photograph.  Having succumbed to another portion of fish and chips I head off to Heswall, I've been told there are some derelict boats out on the salt marsh.  The information was correct, I found the boats very easily, there were lots of them, some are too far out across the mud.  By now the sky had turned very overcast and the light was going, so I took a few quick photos for reference.  I could see shapes, curves and triangles all around in the wrecks, things that I knew would come in for this exercise, I will come back when there is more time and the light better.  Before heading home I got talking to an old guy from a nearby boat yard, who was very chatty, he told me I would be welcome to take photographs in his yard if I wished, he suggested  a good time would be at high tide for photos out on the salt marsh.  A few of the photographs taken are below.





Like these boats, I see myself stuck in the mud, progressing through my course is what it must be like trying to walk across this salt marsh, very slow and laborious.


Tower promenade, Wallasey.

The ubiquitous Owl Telescope, made in Crewe Cheshire also the home of  Rolls Royce and Bently cars.
I'm not sure how old  the telescope is but the shelter  is Victorian, both are synonymous with the seaside.




No comments:

Post a Comment