Friday 13 January 2012

Excellent fish and chips.

M V Royal Iris.



2nd January "New Years" day.  Again I drove up the M53 only to find New Brighton heaving with people enjoying the good weather, anyone would think it was a summers day.  So with nowhere to park I decided to explore further out and found a good viewpoint overlooking Liverpool across the Mersey, where I took the above photograph, the Royal Iris is one of the Mersey ferries now being used for sight seeing trips. I quite like this picture, o.k. I know its very much a record shot and again not very creative but the composition is good and it shows Liverpool of at its best.  I wonder if the local tourist board would be interested in it.  Without really trying, the photos I have now taken seem to have a common theme - the Sea.  I have also started to see vertical and horizontal lines in things, something that is part of this assignment.  I am posting some of the other photographs taken at the same time.  The first two are following on from the one above, the rest were taken around the old docks at Birkenhead.




Royal Iris with the Liverpool cathedrals behind.
Jet ski jumping the wake of Royal Iris.



                                                                        Birkenhead docks.                                                                                                                                  





I believe this dock is known as the East Float.


Remains of old footbridge that once spanned the Mersey Docks and  Harbour company railway.

 
       The now derelict Central Hydraulic Tower designed by Jesse Hartley and completed in 1863.  The tower is based
                                                                  on the Palazzo Vecchio in Florence.

The Sarsia has known better days!


Looking around the docks at Birkenhead, I am certain I will find lots of subject matter that will be suitable for the course as well as providing some really interesting photographs.  The sea was very calm so not as dramatic as previous visits, however I feel the day has been well spent finding some new locations.  After finding an excellent fish and chip shop I decide to call it a day and return home.


































                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment