Monday 9 January 2012

A Dog's best friend and my 1st assignment.

So this is it,my first attempt at blogging and I'm finding it very hard to put my thoughts into words. Having spent the past forty years in a mind numbing job being controlled by the whims of people in the construction industry, I have now got to find my creative side.

I was pleased with the comments I received from my tutor, which on the whole were better than I could have hoped for.  One of his suggestions was that I should follow a theme for each assignment, something I had not done with assignment 1.  My first impressions when reading the introduction to part two of the course was this may prove more difficult than I could have imagined.

I have spent several weeks reading through the notes and trying to find inspiration.  Creativity, as I said before is not my strong point.  The lack of it was my main reason for taking on the course, having been interested in photography for many years I felt my pictures were always missing something.  The immediate area where I live does not lend itself to anything creative, maybe because I am too familiar with it.  I therefore spent several days driving around the surrounding towns and areas trying to find subject matter with a common theme.

Unfortunately, Christmas is looming so all thoughts of photography wil be put on the back burner while shopping and all the other things take priority, I will however find time to add the exercises from assignment 1 to my blog.




































No comments:

Post a Comment