Tuesday 8 January 2013

Exercise 12 Concentrating light.

"Sometimes, you may want the light to fall on just a part of the scene, having the surrounds in shadow.  If using a flash unit, roll up some thick black paper into a tube, the same diameter as the flash head and about two feet long, use tape to keep it this shape, the result will be a kind of spotlight."

I made a tube out of black card to fit my flashgun as the coursebook suggested, using a tungsten light might have caused problems with over heating.  Also flash, gave me control of the light output, I had previously experimented using the flash and camera in manual mode.  The camera was mounted on a tripod, this  allowed me to use a shutter speed of 1/45sec, also I was able to hold the flash to one side on an extension lead.  Because I wanted to balance the tungsten lights in the room with the output from the flash, I reduced the output to 1/32.  The resulting images along with a photograph of the equipment used are shown below.




No comments:

Post a Comment