Wednesday 30 January 2013

Brian Zupkus


It was the funeral today of Brian Zupkus, he died aged 89, in the early hours of the 12th January.  He was a very kind man, and a neighbour of mine.

Born in Lithuania, he came to the UK as a refugee, eventually settling in Wrinehill Cheshire, where he met his wife of 60 years, Doris.  Amongst other things he was groundsman at a local school until he retired when he continued with his passion, gardening.  He was a very good friend of Jim, my father-in-law, they were about the same age and had a common interest, the garden, sadly Jim died in 2003.

Brian befriended me, giving encouragement with my garden, he would come round with seeds, usually Marigolds, hundreds of them.  They did make a wonderful display and grew so well and in such numbers that I was able to give lots away.  He kindly allowed me to take his photograph, even though he could not understand why I should want a picture of him.

Brian Zupkus, a very proud and kind man.

No comments:

Post a Comment