Friday 11 January 2013

Eggslighting



Researching the internet for ideas about light, I came across a video on You Tube by an American portrait photographer, Joe Edelman.  The video was called Remember the Egg, as a student he was given an assignment to photograph an egg in five different ways, although his demonstration is by way of a video, the principle is just the same for still photography.  He recommends trying the experiment for yourself, this being the best way to learn.  Taking his advice, I set-up my egg on some white card and instead of using a tungsten lamp, I decided on flash, the gun is a lot smaller to move around and the light is more controllable.  I took twelve images, starting at the front and moved the flash clockwise around the egg, the results are shown below along with a picture of my homemade honeycomb attachment for my flashgun.




No comments:

Post a Comment