Friday 24 August 2012

Project:- Building a Library of colours.

                                                       Colours of 2012

Assemble a collection of photographs that individually feature, or are dominated by, a distinct colour.  The more you train yourself to recognise colours, the greater your sensitivity will become.  The colour library will help, treat it as a continuing project.  

I have taken so many photographs for this project, far more than I could show on my blog so I have included   examples of the pictures in my library.  I was fortunate to be in London during the Olympics,  colour could be seen everywhere and some of the photographs are below.


The lights of London










I'm enjoying this part of the course and hope this comes across in my photographs.  Recognising the different hues has become a lot easier.  I've added a picture below which was taken on the Millenium Bridge in London.  Not the best of photographs, but hope it illustrates my point,  the woman's coat was almost the same colour as the Olympic sign on the wall of Tate Modern.   Finding the right combinations of colours for the next exercise is proving a lot harder, but at least I'm having lots of fun finding them.

Pink at the Tate

No comments:

Post a Comment