Tuesday 21 February 2012

Point to the Trees.




We have had a couple of days recently when it's been very foggy, so have been out taking advantage of what I think is perfect photographic weather.  I find it difficult taking pictures in the area near where I live, and love it when the fog comes down, it simplifies the landscape so much.  Trees are a favourite subject of mine to photograph, the fog makes it easier to isolate them from distracting backgrounds.


This was taken at Doddington lake, not far from where I live.  It had been very cold for several days, the lake, which is just in front of the trees, had frozen over.


Across the road from the previous picture is the field where I photographed this lone tree!  That statement is not entirely correct, it is only a lone tree when there is thick fog.


The same tree a couple of days later, I've had to go in a lot closer now to isolate it from some other trees in the field.  Because the fog is clearing, the background is now coming into view.  It is no longer a simple image, like the one above.

No comments:

Post a Comment