Thursday 16 February 2012

Aunt Win


Winnie Wood 1943

Winnie Wood (Aunt Win) had her 90th birthday this year.  I say Aunt, she's not really my Auntie, she is the oldest remaining member of my wife's family, a family that took me in readily in the early 70's.

She is, or was the sister of Kath's dad, Jim, until sadly he died just over 7 years ago. Unfortunately she has the early stages of dementia, she lives alone and with luck and some help should continue to do so.  Aunt Win has been more than willing for me to take her photograph, and was one of the subjects in the first assignment of my course.  Like most people she can give the impression of being a bit grumpy, deep down though, she has a warm heart and a lovely smile, just like the picture below.


Aunt Win 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment