Monday 19 March 2012

Project: Rhythm and Pattern.

Exercise:   Rhythms and Patterns.

Produce at least two photographs, one should convey rhythm, the other pattern.  Remember that in rhythm there needs to be a sequence in the picture, so that the eye will follow a direction and experience an optical beat.  Patterns work strongly when they fill the frame, so that the eye can imagine them continuing well beyond it.  



Percy the pigeon.



Taken at the same place as the photograph of "Percy".  They are both sections of the Tower road bridge at Birkenhead docks which I have used as a subject in other exercises.  I think the rivets and shadows make a very good pattern, had it not been sunny I might not have seen this image.  I will include a photograph of the whole bridge at the end.


I found it difficult to come up with pictures showing rhythm so I've included two.  Sometimes I look at this and see what the course book says, that there should be a sequence within the image.  The same applies to the photograph below, looking at the highlights running from top to bottom, I can see a sequence, but looking horizontally I can see a pattern.




Tower road bridge.
Now for assignment 2, which will be sent to my tutor on a memory stick, if I have the time I will add it to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment